For all Kanban (FIFO) applications, the newly developed OptiScanBan® label holder is the ideal solution to avoid multiple manual operations such as turning cards in the traditional Kanban approach.
The OptiScanBan® label holders are very user-friendly, have no loose parts and fit on every modular system.
The label holder snaps onto the edge of the baskets and modules. Users no longer have to rotate the cards manually. All you have to do is click the green cover up to red and the logistics staff know that the product needs to be replenished.
- In case of manual scanning, you only have to apply a linear or 2D barcode on the red surface.
- If you start with the automated OptiScanBan®, Belintra supplies you with the labels prepared with the 2D barcodes for both the green and red areas, possibly personalized with the name of your organization.
In both cases you must apply two labels of 50 mm x 25 mm (2" x 1") yourself. These clearly state the description of the product, the article number, the location, the units, etc.
The choice for this label has to do with the regular availability on the market and the usable surface area to display the above information in a legible way.
The OptiScanBan® label holder has been designed so ingeniously that all elements are integrated and there are no loose parts or cards that could be lost or fall to the ground.
This label holder can be used universally because it fits on all baskets and modules. Thanks to this label holder you can equip any department with the same label holders even though modular material has historically been purchased from different suppliers.
There are OptiScanBan® label holders today for modular baskets and for UBeFlex® shelving. There are also separate profiles for mounting on walls or the outside of cupboard doors if it is not possible to store bulky products such as toilet paper or incontinence material on shelves or racks.
- In the Kanban - FIFO system, 2 compartments are used to store goods in modules or baskets.
- The goods are available in the consumption compartment at the front () and the spare compartment at the rear (). The user takes goods from the consumption box - green indication.
- If the front consumption box is empty, the user sets the label holder to red. The user takes pending the replenishment of the goods from the back compartment at the back.
- The logistics employee who delivers the goods moves the remaining goods from the rear spare compartment to the front consumption compartment and places the new goods in the rear spare compartment. Indication turns green again and the FIFO cycle can start again.
- The pull-out tab offers an extra function and can be used to indicate that the product is no longer in stock but is on order or can be useful as another indicator.
© 2023 - Belintra NV - All rights reserved